Gone are the days of “Buy now or be priced out forever!”
As the real estate market starts to contract in Canada, sellers are starting to flood the market. Realtors have the fun job of crafting those short little marketing descriptions and I find the language used to sell homes on the MLS is quite interesting and funny at times. It seems to evolve depending on the market conditions.
Here’s a great list of actual phrases used in MLS descriptions. ALL CAPS seems popular these days.
- WANTED: CREATIVE BUYER
- Bring your offer, must sell!
- WILL ACCEPT TRADES
- Nice curb appeal to this home
- Please come & try offer!
- Great location! Guaranteed you will love this home.
- Ready to move in and enjoy now!
- Quick possession possible.
- Rarely available Triplex
- Priced to sell
- Easy to show.
- For those who can afford the best, call for private apt.
- Prime location.
- GREAT POTENTIAL
- Great location for strolling.
- Call for your private showing.
- Court approval of your offer is required.
- Features included – too many to list – please ask Realtor for info package.
- Truly one of kind home & property must see to appreciate.
- Handyman Special
- “Property contains accommodation which is not authorized.” This was an actual description.