As a consultant & entrepreneur I use all kinds of tools to get stuff done in business and in life. There are literally thousands of great tools and apps out there that help you be more productive, more organized and make more money.
Here is my list of the top 10 tools I use regularly and for what. I’m always on the lookout for new tools so if you want to suggest one that you love, please leave a comment below.
- Google Apps – This includes Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Drive & Google Docs. I used this daily to communicate, keep appointments and reminders and store files and documents. I use Google Docs for writing project requirement docs and sharing them with team members.
- Evernote – I use this for all research, saving webpages for offline reading, de-cluttering paper and capturing ideas for new businesses, muses etc.
- WordPress – I love wordpress. This blog runs on WordPress.com, our business website, WYSIWYGVentures.com runs WordPress and many of our clients use this platform. It’s a great tool for building websites fast but it also scales from simple blogs to eCommerce websites and even company intranets. WordPress and its 1000’s of plugins and addons make this a very versatile tool.
- Hootsuite – I use Hootsuite for total social media engagement. Reading tweets, searching for content and trends and for scheduling posts to the many social media networks I have setup for our company and clients. This automates my social media marketing processes nicely.
- IFTTT – If This, Then, That helps me automate all kinds of tasks like posting to multiple social media networks with one post to Instagram. There are hundreds of automation options with this tool. Check it out.
- Dropbox – Like Google Drive, Dropbox is simply file storage in the cloud. I use Dropbox for business and personal files, photos and videos. I use the iphone app too and it’s great for accessing files from anywhere. I simply don’t store anything on any computer or physical hard drive anymore. It’s just too risky and life is easier when everything’s in the cloud.
- Elance – Elance is a marketplace for finding people with skills to accomplish all kinds of tasks for me. Logo creation, website setup, design, management and many, many other large and small tasks. There are 1000’s of great people on Elance to help you reach you goals, whatever they are.
- Google Analytics – I use this free tool on every website I run or manage to measure what phrases that are currently driving traffic to a website and what are the sources of traffic. You can’t learn if you don’t measure.
- Google Adwords Keywords Tool – This free tool is great for doing niche research by searching for keyword metrics potential the demand level for those niche words. It’s an awesome research tool.
- Bluehost – Bluehost is in my opinion the best hosting platform out there. It’s inexpensive and full of features that every business can use. It’s so great, I wrote a bog post on our business site called 126 reason to use Bluehost as your webhost.
So there you have it. The top 10 tools I use.
What do you use?
- What Apps/Tools do you use daily in your business? (relylocalbhclaughlin.wordpress.com)